onsdag 9. oktober 2013

If I have to Talk of War By Henoke Yeshetlla (Poet)


If I have to talk about love, it is not about emotional bosh, it is about the truth and what I think is fair and disciplined.  If I have to talk about art and decency it is not with those who have no self respect but live and use art for money.  If I have to talk about war, surly it will not be with those who have no courage to be in the front but whimsical and cautious heroes.  It is true that there is an amazing uniqueness in human-nature, yet there is also that caricature of being loyal and determined.  To defeat the un-just system, to create a system, that is balanced and fair, if death is a sacrifice that I must make, I will do it with no pain or sense of fear.  To demolish or abolish a system that has caused millions to starve, suffer and die, to oust a regime that has displaced and alienated the basic rights of its citizens, and if my life worth for the struggle, I will consider it as an opportunity to be part of it. To  get rid of the evil system, the wrong doers, the rappers, and the traders,  to reach for a country and the people that I am so in love with, a country that I as a young boy run on the field, drunk the milk, listened the story and history,  the country that I heard of so much in the holy scriptures, in the fields of anthropology and the books of mythology &c,  if armed struggle is the only means, I will not refrain from become not only part of it but in the front.
My sentiment could not be appealing to Jesus of Nazareth nor to Mohandas Gandhi, as war by its own virtue contains the reasons of harm and disaster; but I also believe that there cannot be any peace if unless there is peace to each and everyone and there isn’t any faith if the Christian is un-Christian of the bad happening around him.  Death through resistance, death for freedom, could be considered as a physical death which is attributed to the will of existence through dying; it is a way of saving oneself from a permanent psychological death and of degradation.  Pluto inquired, What is thesummum bonum of life? I think the hugest good is not love, the hugest good is to die for that love: at this point, I believe both Christ and Gandhi would agree.
I know of no words, that is eloquent enough to express the meaning, the power and the un-conquerable sprit of being free.  I have no way of telling it, except an amusement of being free,  being human, being my-own self, being loyal and truthful to the thing that you know, understand , accept and believe.  So to  stand  against those who deprived us of all the good feelings of being human, to fight those who miscarriage our potential and abducted our sentiment to greatness, war is the list thing to do.  Isn’t self-evident in social life that the imposition and reinforcement of tyranny leads man to revolt and rebel against his wedges.
Being human, I do not want to mislead any one by telling that war is the only means to free oneself from tyranny.  It is indeed the last choice and we are in our last alternative that is why…I said, even war is not condemnable but adorable.  A lot of people had asked me why I have this rebellious sprit, why shouldn’t I live my life and wait until God takes them off from the throne.  Comrades  and or friends,  it is a choice, a choice to die as satisfied as you are with what you have or to summit oneself for the noble cause that is not only just but also beautiful.  My concern for the social injustice comes from the need to see a future for my daughter,  and the generations to com. So to speak , it is from my deepest and steepest interest and passion to demolish the cult, tyranny and injustice that is happening now, in your country, in Ethiopia.
Gandhi once said, “rivers of blood may flow before we gain our freedom, but it must be our freedom”: I would say, it must be the tyrannical blood, it must be the blood of those who are torturing, killing , rapping our own sisters and brothers, it must be their blood!
When will we know that war is the only manse to free our self from the TPLF dictatorial regime? Is that after they bombed us, is it that after they burned our village and commuted genocide is it that after we all vanished and no one to ask, no arm to rise firmaments no man to climb the mountains and resist? When.  How many  candles shall we melt in front of the white house before we finally get our voice heard? I am not expecting an answer from a highly dramatize and traumatized people, but if war is the only means to free myself from the greatest pain, I woud say as Patric Henery once said, “There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations; and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable²and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace²but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar